I don’t have to tell you how great avocados are for you. But I do have a couple of things to make with avocado – and I didn’t include guacamole since if you’re anything like me I’m sure you all have your own recipes!
ALT – The Avocado BLT
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread
- 4 Large leaves romaine or Boston lettuce
- 1 Large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Sliced peeled avocado
- 6 Thin slices cucumber
- 4 Slices Swiss cheese
- Spread mayonnaise on the 8 slices of bread.
- Layer 4 slices with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice tomato, 1 slice avocado, 3 slices cucumber, and 1 slice cheese; top with remaining bread slices.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally.
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 Firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates.
- Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
- Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste
Contributor at ItsySparks
Best-selling Humor Author: Stats Canada: Satire on a National Scale.