There’s something about blowing bubbles that just excites kids like no other. The idea of going outside and chasing those bubbles around is almost enough to transport me back in time to when I was little doing the very same. To bring that little bit of magic to your child’s life, we’ve found a DIY bubble recipe you can whip up yourself in no time. This recipe is from Buggy and Buddy.
- 2/3 cup dishwashing liquid soap
- 1 tablespoon glycerine
- 1 gallon of water
- Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let sit for 24 hours to make the bubbles more impressive.
Once your bubble solution is ready, pour some of it into a shallow dish and place one end of a straw into it. Let your child blow into the straw and watch some bubble magic happen right before your eyes!
Or, if you want to make some huge bubbles, thread a piece of string through two straws and tie off, leaving enough slack to form a rectangle when you pull the straws apart. Dip this rectangle into the bubble solution, carefully remove, and blow gently on the soapy film. A large bubble should appear!
Latest posts by Brenda Barron (see all)
- European Easter Bread - April 6, 2014
- Inflatable Ball Pits for Toddlers and Kids - April 4, 2014
- Creative Writing Prompts for Kids: Kid’s Writing Inspiration - April 2, 2014