Creates some yummy and colorful cakes!
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Food coloring
- 8 1/2 pint jars
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spray jars with nonstick cooking spray
- Cream butter and then pour in sugar
- Add 2 eggs
- Add vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, flour and milk. Mix well
- Divide your batter into six separate bowls. Add in food coloring. Tint each bowl according to the color of the rainbow.
7. Mix the food coloring in well.
8. Pour each color into a Ziploc bag and cut off the tip of one corner. This way you can pour your batter in easily
9. Place the jars in a baking pan and fill with 1 cup of water to create a water bath for your cake.
10. Bake for 30-45 minutes. (Check with a skewer, poke in the middle and if it comes out clean your cake is ready)
11. Add in toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020