What do you get when you mix the yummiest part of cheesecake with the tastiest berry around? Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries! Cheesecake and fruit, I can’t think of a tastier combination. Strawberries actually have more vitamin C than oranges and a higher nutrient density making them a great fruit for kids.
These cheesecake stuffed strawberries are great because they’re not only the perfect little hearts for Valentine’s day, but any other occasion as well. Also, great because fruit is over 50% of the entire treat.
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are couldn’t be easier and your kids will absolutely love them! It’s a good way to introduce them to a project this a little bit precise but not incredibly finicky and what kid wouldn’t want to handle a piping bag filled with delicious gooey cheesecake filling?
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- Pairing knife
- Melon baller
- With a paring knife, cut off the strawberry stems
- Cut around the inside of the strawberry
- Use a melon baller to hollow out slightly and creating a well for the cheesecake
- Cut off a small portion of the pointy strawberry tip, so that each strawberry can stand
- Place each on a large baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, with a standing or handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy (around 2 minutes on medium speed)
- Place mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled
- Optional: sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of each stuffed strawberry
A couple notes
I also happened upon a 17 calorie per strawberry recipe here.
If you decided to leave the bottoms on each strawberry so they won’t stand upright, and you’re looking to really gild the lily, you can dip them into melted chocolate or simply pipe a few lines of chocolate on the front of each strawberry. I personally prefer them without the chocolate, but hey, it is Valentine’s day after all…