It’s important to pamper yourself every once in a while. And what better way than slathering your hands and feet in a rich emollient cream designed to moisturize and soften your skin? However, if you’re concerned about the chemicals and additives in products like this, you have sensitive skin, or just like to make things yourself, we have a quick recipe for you for a DIY body lotion.
The following has been adapted from Bakerette.com.
- 16 oz. organic baby lotion
- 8 oz. Vaseline
- 8 oz. Vitamin E cream
- 1/2 tsp of essential oil for fragrance (almond oil and lavender oil are popular choices)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine. Mix well until all the ingredients are smooth. It should have a similar texture to whipped icing.
- Store the cream in an airtight container.
- If the mixture separates, warm in the microwave for a few seconds then remix.
- Apply the cream on your hands and feet and anywhere else on your body that needs extra moisture.
This little project only takes 10 minutes and makes 32-ounces, which should last you quite while. Or you can divvy it up and give small jars away to friends and family for a holiday or just because.
Image source: One Good Thing by Jillee