This is a beautiful Easter Egg project you can do with your kids using items you have in your home – AND backyard! What do I mean? These DIY Easter eggs have a leaf pattern and they’re so easy and gorgeous without needing a stencil!
- Small flat herb leaves
- Hard-boiled white eggs
- Nylon stockings
- Rubber bands
- Warm water
- White vinegar
- Food coloring
- Large glasses, one for each dye bath (be sure they’re wide enough to hold an egg)
- Slotted spoon
- To create your dyes: Mix 1/2 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 10 to 20 drops of food coloring in a glass
- Place a leaf of your choice on a hard boiled egg and cover it with a section of nylon stocking to hold it in place.
- Twist the ends together and secure them with a rubber band.
- Carefully dunk the nylon-wrapped egg in the bath and let them sit submerges for about 4 minutes.
- To remove the egg: Use a slotted spoon to lift the egg from the dye bath and set it on a covered work surface.
- Skillfully remove the rubber band, nylon, and leaf.
- Let the egg dry completely
- Repeat with the rest of your eggs using different colors and leaves!
Dedicated to Igniting Young Minds, ItsySparks provides knowledge to foster learning, creativity, and exploration!
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- Easy Crafts Kids Will Love to Do at Home (with videos) - October 30, 2018
- 10 Best Learning Toys for Kids - October 29, 2018
- 13 Best Kids Halloween Movies - October 11, 2018