This is a beautiful Easter Egg project you can do with your kids using items you have in your home – AND backyard! What do I mean? These DIY Easter eggs have a leaf pattern and they’re so easy and gorgeous without needing a stencil!
- Small flat herb leaves
- Hard-boiled white eggs
- Nylon stockings
- Rubber bands
- Warm water
- White vinegar
- Food coloring
- Large glasses, one for each dye bath (be sure they’re wide enough to hold an egg)
- Slotted spoon
- To create your dyes: Mix 1/2 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 10 to 20 drops of food coloring in a glass
- Place a leaf of your choice on a hard boiled egg and cover it with a section of nylon stocking to hold it in place.
- Twist the ends together and secure them with a rubber band.
- Carefully dunk the nylon-wrapped egg in the bath and let them sit submerges for about 4 minutes.
- To remove the egg: Use a slotted spoon to lift the egg from the dye bath and set it on a covered work surface.
- Skillfully remove the rubber band, nylon, and leaf.
- Let the egg dry completely
- Repeat with the rest of your eggs using different colors and leaves!