I love brunch, you love brunch. What about kids brunch though? Our idea of a successful brunch might be bottomless mimosas and a twist on a traditional eggs benny – but that’s not exactly kid friendly is it? I have a couple go-to easy brunch ideas for kids that they’ll enjoy:
English-Muffin Egg Pizzas
- 4 Whole wheat English muffins
- Olive oil
- Tomato slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Grated mozzarella
- Kosher salt
- Hard boil the eggs, peel and set aside.
- Toast 8 English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, add 1/2 an egg each muffin half, add the grated mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus more for skillet
- Use a food processor to combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 1 cup oats and pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and 1 cup oats and whisk just until moistened.
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Lightly oil skillet. Using 2 to 3 tablespoons for each pancake, drop batter in skillet and cook until a few bubbles have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned on undersides, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with more oil and batter.