Remember trading stickers at school with your friends? Now, imagine having your own homemade stickers to trade? You would never have duplicates! Imagine having the DIY knowledge to make your own stickers and going back in time to trade stickers — too far? In any case, this is an easy crafts for kids project for your children to make their very own stickers.
I think back to a time when all the girls in my class (including me) used collect Spice Girls stickers that came with their way too sweet lollypops – and if i remember correctly, Sporty Spice was the rarest Spice Girl sticker to collect and I had exactly one… thousands of Baby Spice though…
Oh gosh, well, I’m rambling so check out this super simple DIY for stickers!
- White School Glue
- White vinegar
- Small paint or pastry brush
- Craft scissors or a craft punch
- In a bowl, mix together white Elmer’s Washable School Glue with an equal amount of white vinegar until you have a thin, milky liquid.
- Using a small paint brush or a pastry brush, smear the back of the paper sparingly with the glue mixture.
- Allow to dry, apply a second coat, and allow to dry again.
- Use a variety of craft scissors or a craft punch to cut out desired shapes.
- Although the glue is nontoxic, it will not taste good at all good, so for a mass sticking, use a dampened sponge to moisten the back of stickers.