The next installment of gardening with kids is a fun little project your kids will enjoy – relatively cheap too. I love crafts that include rocks because if you mess one up – there are plenty more where that came from! Decorate your yard with these great rock vegetable markers.
- Large rocks
- Permanent markers like Elmer’s Painters
- White paint (optional)
- Stencils and pencil (optional)
- Start by washing your rocks (sounds crazy, but the paint will stick better this way)
- Set the rocks our in the sun to dry and make sure they’re entirely dry before attempting to paint them.
- You can do this a couple ways: you can paint the entire rock white and then draw on your desired vegetable or you can paint it directly onto the rock.
- If you want to paint the rock first, paint the rock entirely white (which may take two coats)
- Make sure each coat is dry before re-applying the next.
- One the rocks are dry your kids can can either sketch your vegetables on each rock with a pencil and fill them in the marker or just let them have at it with the markers! You can also use a stencil.
- Once the drawings are on, write each vegetable name on the rock
- Now put those rocks in the yard to show them off!
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020