Science experiments are great! But when you add a special explosion to that experiment it becomes so much better and interesting!
Elephant’s toothpaste is one of those simple, safe experiments that gets the kids to squeal in delight. Have extra materials on hand because they will ask you to repeat it over and over again.
- Empty water bottle
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
- Squirt of dish detergent
- 4 drops of food coloring
- 1 teaspoon of yeast in 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Tray/pan to keep from making a mess
- Pour the hydrogen peroxide, detergent and food coloring into the water bottle using the funnel.
- Pour in the warm water with yeast
- Take out funnel and watch it grow!
Here’s a list of other great science experiments that explode!
- The exploding lunch bag by Science Bob
- Volcano by Science Kids
- Blow up a ballon by Doctor Mad Science
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- Easy Crafts Kids Will Love to Do at Home (with videos) - October 30, 2018
- 10 Best Learning Toys for Kids - October 29, 2018
- 13 Best Kids Halloween Movies - October 11, 2018