Seven more sleeps until St. Patrick’s day – which means 7 more days of St. Patrick’s day related posts from us. Well either way, these are staple items you can make in the future without the shamrock twists of course. So we have a few quick and easy snacks for kids that they’ll love and don’t require too many ingredients or direction! Our favorite 🙂
Four Leaf Clover French Toast
- 8 slices of bread (4 of a lighter wheat and 4 of a darker wheat) alternatively you can use white bread and wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Using a shamrock cookie cutter, cut a clover out of the center of each slice of bread.
- Press the lighter bread clovers into the wheat bread frames and vice versa.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a shallow baking dish and soak each piece of bread for about 2-3 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan or griddle over medium heat and spray with fat (cooking spray, butter or coconut oil).
- Remove the bread slices from the egg mixture and shake gently to remove excess liquid.
- Let cook on one side for about 3-4 minutes, until golden-brown, then flip and let cook on the other side.
Shamrock Pizza Buns
- 1 Whole wheat hamburger bun
- 2 tbsp pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 tbsp shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 Green pepper
- Place the hamburger bun on a baking tray
- Spread sauce on the bun
- Add shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Bake in 400 degree preheated toaster oven for 7 minutes
- Remove it out then place green pepper arranged in a shamrock shape
- Put it back to the oven and bake until for another 3 minutes or so
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020