Never has the saying, “Taste the rainbow,” been more appropriate. I mean, just look at these rainbow waffles! They’re colorful, fun, and absolutely tasty. Your kids won’t be able to resist the flavor/fun combo here. And they’re super easy to make, which is a relief for you busy moms out there. This recipe is from Tablespoon.
- Boxed waffle mix
- Food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Follow the instructions on the box of waffle mix to make waffle batter. Divide the batter into six bowls.
- Add food coloring to each bowl. Gel colors work best because they are brighter and more vibrant. You want your rainbow waffles to be vivid, not dull!
- Put batter into six piping bags.
- Squeeze each color batter onto your waffle iron. Work quickly, laying each color down in a circle, working from the outside of the iron in.
- Once the waffle is cooked, remove it from the waffle iron and cut in half.
- Spray on some whipped cream to make puffy clouds at the bottom of your rainbows!
These waffles will taste the same as any old waffle mix but the end result is so eye-catching, your kids won’t be able to resist.