Want to bring a bit of St. Patrick’s Day spirit to your home? Or to your front door, perhaps? A wreath adds a touch of warmth to your front door or even to nooks and decorative spaces in your home. It’s the perfect way to commemorate the season. This St. Patrick’s Day wreath is easy to put together and will virtually cost you nothing–especially if you’re already an avid crafter.
- Wire hanger
- Wire cutters
- Duct tape
- Fabric scraps in many shades and patterns of green
- Green ribbon
- Straighten a wire hanger by hand. Cut off the hook.
- Bend the hanger into a circle. Twist the ends together using pliers then secure with duct tape to cover sharp edges and to lock the circle into place.
- Cut fabric into 1-inch by 6-inch strips.
- Tie each fabric strip onto the wire in a double knot. You’ll need many strips to give the wreath a full look.
- Locate the top center part of the wreath and tie one end of a piece of ribbon 2-inches to the left of center. Give yourself enough slack to create a loop to hang the wreath up with then tie the other end of the ribbon 2-inches to the right of center.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right? And the end result distinctly says St. Patrick’s Day without being cheesy.