School lunches are a hard for a slew of reasons, potential allergies aside, trying to transport healthy options isn’t the easiest task.
Bruised fruit, squished sandwiches, lost lunch containers… We looked high and low for some great sandwich options, so we’ll take a little of the guess work out of your lunch prep and give you a few new school approved sandwiches to throw into the rotation.
Smoked Turkey Sandwich With Paprika Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- country bread
- 4 ounces smoked turkey (thinly sliced)
- 2 roasted red peppers (sliced)
- 2 ounces manchego cheese (sliced)
- 1 cup spinach
Cheddar and Apple Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread (preferably multigrain, Italian, or French)
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 ounce thinly sliced Cheddar
- Several pieces of thinly sliced apple
Roast Beef and Cheddar Roll-Ups
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 head romaine lettuce, tough ribs removed
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 ounces Cheddar, thinly sliced
For more school approves sandwiches check out Real Simple.