Mother’s Day is just under a week away! At this point your mother probably doesn’t want another candle or trinket. DIY gifts for mom can be tough, what do you get the mom who bakes pie shells from scratch? Handmade sugar scrub or lotion (or both) They’re super easy to make, and you can really create something your mother will not only enjoy – but use! And she’ll definitely appreciate the sentiment!
Homemade Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, can substitute Sweetened Almond Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E (you can either cut open gel caplets or use liquid vitamin E)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract, or any other essential oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 Mason jar
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oil, vitamin E and vanilla.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Package this scrub in a Mason jar or any jar you have, decorate it with a bow.
- Print out the following instructions and glue a label onto the jar: To Use: In the shower, apply Brown Sugar Body Scrub into skin and rinse. Can be used daily. Use within two months of opening.
Homemade Foot Cream
- 5 Oz. cocoa butter pellets
- 2 Oz. coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 Teaspoons peppermint essential oil
- ¼ Teaspoon tea tree oil
- 1 Mason jar
- Melt the cocoa butter over a medium-low heat until melted.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- To make a cream allow the mixture to cool at room temperature
- Whisk the solidified potion with a hand blender.
- Package the lotion in a a jar, print out the following instructions on a label and glue onto the jar: Use within one year and store under 97 degrees Fahrenheit and out of the sun.
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020