Last week we had an inspiration post of a couple examples of DIY rain boots for kids. Yes, homemade rain boots – it’s a simple project that can either sprue up an old pair of generic rain boots or if you’re tight on cash it can make any boot a little cuter and YES these are a great idea for adult boots too and I’m already sitting here thinking of cute combinations to use…
- 1 pair of cheapie rain boots
- 2 yards of ribbon of your child’s choice
- A dart Awl
- 8-10 Grommet Sets with stud setter
- Measure out and mark using a marker where you want to place your grommets. Remember that you’d be making Xs, as they will be laced up.
- Punch your desired holes using the dart awl
- Using your scissors, cut a slightly larger hole in the rubber to fit the grommet into.
- Push the larger side into the outside of the rain boots
- Follow the instructions on the package to use the stud setter and hammer the grommets into place – this part will take a little muscle.
- Lace up the boots with the desired ribbon.
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020