Bowtie Pasta Salad with Basil Ribbons
- 8 oz dried whole wheat bowtie pasta
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz cooked chicken, cut into ¾-inch dice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- ⅓ cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- When done, drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the following ingredients: bell pepper, chicken, feta cheese, chickpeas, basil, and salad dressing and stir to combine.
- Pack enough of the salad for lunch in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid or a bento-style lunch box