These gluten free granola bars are no-bake and really pack a punch. They’re an easy breakfast or snack, loaded with protein and a great snack for the entire family.
This recipe can be adapted easily for those who follow a vegan diet. Additionally, you can be tailor your granola bars to what you prefer with the addition of dried fruit or chocolate chips for those with a sweet tooth. The gluten free granola bars can be frozen as well if you feel like doubling the recipe, just be sure to properly store them between sheets of wax paper.
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey (you can also sub maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural almond, peanut or any nut butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
If you’re new to the wonderful world of gluten-free cooking, Red Mill has GF rolled oats, available at most grocery stores and on Amazon (gotta love Amazon Prime). They’re fabulous for a number of other recipes be it snacks or breakfast — even meatloaf!
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Optional step: Toast your oats in a 350 degree oven for 15-ish minutes or until slightly golden brown. You can also leave them raw, but take the extra step if you prefer the toasted flavor.
- Put oats, almonds and dates in a bowl – set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture, mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily. (You can use any kind of pan, but remember it will change the thickness of the bar depending on the size of the pan)
- Press down until uniformly flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days.
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020