Your kids probably have more crayons than you can count. Knick-knacks and art supplies really multiply with kids and we have the solution: mason jar storage. You can personalize them with animals, action figures or anything really. You can find a bunch of cute little toys at the dollar store because you’ll just end up painting over them. Bring your kids out to the dollar store or see if your kids are willing to part with any of their older toys.
- Mason jars or jars of any shape or size
- Spray Paint (for that even painted look it’s the best method so be sure to do it outside or in a well-ventilated area)
- A bunch of tiny toys
- Super glue (remember, less is more with super glue and it comes out QUICKLY)
- Carefully glue the figures onto the lids
- Place them in the center of the lid and press down firmly and blast the top with a hairdryer for about 30 seconds (not too close and concentrated though) If you use a hairdryer, use it in a ventilated area because of the glue fumes.
- Place your animal lids on the ground on newspaper outside or again, in a well ventilated area (I can’t stress that enough) Also, for good measure I would use a mask that covers your nose and mouth. Spray an even coat and let them dry.
- Once the first layer is dry, apply a second coat if you want but always remember to let the first layer dry before putting on a second layer because that’s how you get nasty drip marks. For a glossy finish, add a coating of clear acrylic sealer.
- Let your lids dry outside overnight