There is nothing more stressful than an uncomfortable baby rashes happen every so often and when it happens – you’ll be prepared with the following natural remedies for diaper rash with this handy list!
Diaper Rash Causes
- Wet or dirty diapers left on too long
- Diaper chafing
- Yeast infection
- Bacterial infection
- Allergic reaction to the diaper itself
Coconut oil works wonders for a number of things so it’s natural that it would come up as a remedy for diaper rash too! Simply apply a thin layer to the affected area to soothe baby’s irritated skin.
Put about of oatmeal in a blender and blend the oats on the highest setting until it turns into a fine powder. Mix the oats into a tub of water until it has a silky feel, then let your child soak in the bath for up to 20 minutes.
Using sugar-free yogurt, apply a thick layer to baby’s diaper rash, wipe it clean and replace it with a new yogurt layer at every diaper change until it is gone.
Dilute a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and in half a cup of water and lightly dab it onto your baby’s rash with a washcloth. Apple cider vinegar is a great tool because it contains anti-bacterial agents to help combat the diaper rash.
How to Avoid Diaper Rash
- Wash your hands before and after every diaper change.
- Check your baby’s diaper often
- Change it as soon as it becomes wet or soiled.
- Use plain water and a mild cleanser.
- Pat areas dry instead of rubbing.
- Choose mild fragrances or none
- Be sure the area is completely clean and dry before putting on a fresh diaper.
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- Easy Crafts Kids Will Love to Do at Home (with videos) - October 30, 2018
- 10 Best Learning Toys for Kids - October 29, 2018
- 13 Best Kids Halloween Movies - October 11, 2018