It’s that time of year again! Green is my favorite color – until March 18th of every year because by then I’m just sick of it… but you won’t be! We’re going to try to do less green recipes and explore what else we can do for St. Patrick’s day that won’t ruin green for you for months to come.
With the exception of today’s recipe of course: the St Patrick’s Pesto Pasta recipe. Pesto is a pretty, non-offensive green.
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed, washed and dried basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. spinach linguine or fettuccine
How to make it
- Chop the basil leaves in a food processor or blender.
- Add walnuts and garlic. Process until finely ground.
- With the machine running, slowly add oil. Next, pour in grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together and set aside.
- Cook linguine or fettuccine according to package instructions. Drain and toss with the pesto in a serving bowl.
- Optional: Top with more Parmesan cheese, add cooked tomato and more garlic if you like 🙂 – the more garlic the better!