Breakfast is super important as you may have heard from your own mother years ago when you “weren’t hungry” all of those mornings… It happens to all of us, we skip breakfast for days or weeks at a time not realizing just how important it is for your brain to function and getting that boost of energy. So as important as it is for you – it’s twice as important for your child to have a good breakfast. So I have for you three quick and easy breakfast ideas that are great for your child AND you. There are no fruity pebbles here…
- 1 1/2 Cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 Cup In season berries such as blueberries. You can also try using banana or apricot
- 1/4 Cup Granola of your choice
- Pour half of your yogurt into desired bowl or sundae cup.
- Add half of your fruit
- Add the rest of the yogurt and top with granola
- 1 Egg
- 1 Breakfast sausage patty
- 1 Slice of cheese of choice
- 1 English muffin
- Cook turkey sausage patty according to directions
- Scramble the egg while the sausage is cooking. If your pan is large enough you can probably do this in the same pan.
- Toast English muffin
- Melt cheese on top of sausage patty
- Put the sandwich together!
Note: If you don’t want to do all of these steps there’s a really great sandwich maker on the market that I love! You just pop everything into the little appliance and you have a sandwich made in 5 minutes. It’s amazing! I’ve been opting for egg whites and turkey sausage and let me tell you – you can’t taste the difference from McDonalds.
Ham Omelette Cups
These are great to make ahead of time to stock your freezer since they can be warmed up in the oven quite easily.
- 3 Eggs
- 16 slices of ham
- ½ cup red and/or green bell peppers chopped
- ½ cup frozen hash browns
- ⅓ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine eggs, peppers, hash browns, bacon, salt, and cheese in a bowl
- Spray muffin tins with PAM nonstick spray
- Place a slice of ham in each spot and push it down
- Scoop a ½ cup or so of egg mixture into each ham cup
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes
- *Eat right away, or freeze for a quick breakfast later.