Blueberry muffins are so comforting and kids love them. Blueberries are that compromise between fruit and chocolate chips. They’re just sweet enough to be delicious yet they’re fruit! Packed with antioxidants – and they make great finger paint and stain clothing!
I’m off topic now, but, gluten free blueberry muffins taste exactly the same – just without all that gluten! So whether you or your child has a gluten intolerance they can still enjoy a good old fashioned blueberry muffin.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 1 heaping cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium to large sized bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small to medium sized bowl
- Add the wet to the dry
- Mix everything until it is combined
- Fold in the blueberries
- Spoon the batter into line muffin tins
- Bake the muffins for about 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean – for jumbo muffins bake them for 12-14 minutes.
- Wait until muffins are completely cooled before removing form pans
Store these muffins in the fridge, for up to 2 weeks or freeze them for an extended period of time.
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020