Who doesn’t love a plate of chicken fingers – and who doesn’t love guaranteed kid approved recipes? These chicken fingers have a secret though, they’re made with almond meal instead of flour which sounds crazy of course, but you can’t taste the almond. It just adds a little healthy touch to a favorite meal of kids everywhere, is gluten-free and there’s no shame in that!
- 1lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Slice the chicken breasts into long strips, that are about an inch thick.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond meal, paprika, garlic, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
- Soak each piece of chicken on both side in egg and then coat with almond spice mixture.
- Place on a cookie sheet greased with cooking spray.
- Repeat with all chicken pieces – if you have mixture left over, sprinkle it on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks.