If you’ve ever had a craving for Chinese food you know you’re looking for something salty and satisfying. Problem is, most of it is deep fried. Well we’re here to the rescue with a healthier version of everyone’s favorite: the baked vegetable egg roll.
- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Clove grated garlic
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 Cups broccoli coleslaw
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded sweet potatoes
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 2 16-Ounce packages egg roll wrappers
- 1 Banana, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using the nonstick cooking spray, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin and garlic in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet and add the broccoli and sweet potatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and green onions and continue to cook, tossing frequently for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper on a clean flat surface with one corner pointing towards you.
- Using the banana, rub around the edges of the wrappers.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling into the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- The end result should look like an envelope: fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling then fold the left and right corners over filling. Tightly roll the filled end towards the remaining corner and press on each roll gently to seal.
- Transfer the rolls to the prepared sheet and brush with canola oil. Bake, turning once halfway through, until golden brown, 12 minutes.
- Serve the rolls with the dipping sauce.
Dedicated to Igniting Young Minds, ItsySparks provides knowledge to foster learning, creativity, and exploration!
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- Easy Crafts Kids Will Love to Do at Home (with videos) - October 30, 2018
- 10 Best Learning Toys for Kids - October 29, 2018
- 13 Best Kids Halloween Movies - October 11, 2018