No matter what your schedule is like you should be exercising. Personally I don’t have a gym membership but I do make sure I get enough cardio and strength training in during my week – and sometimes I don’t even use weights! You can absolutely tone and strengthen your muscles at home by setting aside a half an hour or so of your day to exercise at home. Here are some of my favorite easy exercises.
For your abs, lower back, shoulders, glutes
- Kneel on the floor.
- Bend your elbows and place forearms on ground, clasping your hands and forming a small triangle with hands and elbows.
- Straighten your legs and balance on forearms and toes about six to eight inches apart.
- Once you’re balanced, make sure your butt is level with the rest of body, forming a straight line from the top of your head to heels.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds, keep your knees on the ground and shift forward so you then blanche the weight above your knees.
For your abs, obliques, quads
- On your back, clasp your hands behind your head and slightly lift the tops of your shoulder blades off floor.
- Straighten and lift your left leg a foot off the floor as you twist at waist, bringing right knee slowly in toward left shoulder.
- Hold this pose for five seconds then twist to the other side for one rep.
For your waist, obliques, lower back, glutes, legs
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Extend left arm overhead, right hand resting on hip.
- Bring right knee up and pull left arm down in a controlled chopping motion, aiming for the outside of the knee with your elbow, for five seconds.
- Return to start for ten seconds.
Latest posts by ItsySparks (see all)
- Easy Crafts Kids Will Love to Do at Home (with videos) - October 30, 2018
- 10 Best Learning Toys for Kids - October 29, 2018
- 13 Best Kids Halloween Movies - October 11, 2018