Salad dressing, meats, soups – it seems like so many of your recipes require Italian seasoning and why haven’t you ever tried to make your own? I’m sure you have all the seasoning laying around anyway and if you don’t – they’re relatively inexpensive and you’ll have homemade Italian Seasoning for months!
When you’re done getting all creative in the kitchen – why not put your plethora of spice into a mason jar? They’re airtight and just the right size – and the best part is you can mark the top of it instead of fumbling through your spice rack and accidentally putting cinnamon in chili.
Can you tell that’s happened to me? There is not enough chili powder in the world to overcome the taste of that cinnamon. I think I can still taste it. Anyway, avoid Julia disasters and put your seasoning into convenient mason jars. Here’s an example, but we’ll have a bunch of cool ideas for spices next week.
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried flat leaf Italian parsley
- Pulse ingredients together in a spice grinder until desired consistency
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020