Rinsing your fruit under the sink isn’t quite enough when it comes to making sure your produce is clean. It looks and smells clean but without using a fruit and vegetable wash that includes a disinfectant you can’t be sure your produce is safe to eat.
We all know that organic is preferable when it comes to your fruit and veggie haul, but, what happens when organic isn’t available or too expensive? Pesticides left on fruits and vegetables can possibly cause complications down the line so it’s best to avoid them if you can and get rid of them if they’re present. You really want to make sure you’re getting rid of those nasty pesticides, so we have a cheap, organic fruit and vegetable wash to show you.
Additionally, we found a great infographic (see below) it lets you know things like which fruits require the most and least pesticides when growing.
- Spray Bottle
- Prepare the organic lemon but cutting it in half, squeezing out one tablespoon into the spray bottle. The lemon juice acts as both a disinfectant and will leave your produce smelling pleasant since this spray also includes vinegar.
- Pour two tablespoons of white vinegar into the spray bottle
- Shake the spray bottle vigorously
- Spray your fruits and vegetables prior to cooking, but remember to rinse them off after you spray
Check out this infographic from EcoMom:
- The Best Gifts to Buy Your Kids This Holiday Season - October 28, 2022
- Cress Caterpillars - April 30, 2020
- Earth Day Recycled Bugs - April 22, 2020