Yes, it’s yet another Valentine’s Day craft. But since the love-filled holiday is just two days away now, we thought it’d be appropriate to feature another cute DIY you can do with your kids. This one is beyond easy and makes for a festive and unique wreath you can display on your door for years to come.
Rather than taking the traditional, wrap a foam form in fabric and/or floral tape route, we’ve opted for a paper wreath that is just funky enough to be different but still sports hearts galore to keep with the Valentine theme.
Check out the DIY Valentine wreath:
- Decorative card stock or scrapbook paper
- Craft glue
Note: If you’re using card stock, you’ll need to glue two sheets together to get the right effect here. Of course, if you’re using a red or pink card stock, you could always use a few pieces upside down (so the white side is facing up) to create an alternating, candy stripe effect. If you’re using scrapbook paper, it should be double-sided already.
- Cut the paper into strips that are 2-inches wide and 11-inches long.
- Fold the paper strips in half.
- Place a dot of craft glue on the top outside of one side of the strips. Press the other side to it and hold firmly to create a heart shape.
- Repeat the previous two steps until you have enough heart strips to form a circle.
- Place all of the paper hearts on a table in a circle and arrange so the side of each heart touches the one next to it.
- Insert a piece of ribbon in between two of the hearts on the upper right side, tie a knot, and glue the two hearts together. This will secure the ribbon in place.
- Repeat on the opposite side of the wreath and cut off the excess ribbon.
- Put a bit of glue at the joining places on the rest of the hearts to secure the wreath.
- Hang it up and enjoy!