Coming up with new snack ideas for your kids can be difficult at times, especially if you have picky eaters on your hands. And rather than caving and reaching for the processed chips and sweets, it’s a much better idea to offer something healthy and nutritious, while still being tasty. And that’s exactly what this healthy homemade fruit leather recipe offers. It’s adapted from the recipe over at Two Peas & Their Pod.
- 3-5 cups of fresh fruit. For strawberries, hull and halve them. For other fruit, simply chop
- Sweetener like honey or agave to taste
- Preheat your oven on the lowest setting it will allow for–usually around 150 degrees.
- Cook chopped fruit in a saucepan on low heat until soft. Mix in your sweetener.
- Puree the fruit mixture.
- Pour the fruit mixture on a baking sheet. Make sure it’s lined with parchment paper or wax paper. This will make the leather easier to remove and store later.
- Bake for 4-7 hours until the fruit has turned into a leather consistency. Cut into strips and roll up.
Store in an airtight container to increase lifespan. Then you and your kids can enjoy this simple, tasty, and healthy on-the-go treat!